He was born in 1966 in İstanbul. He has been working in the field of orthopedics since 1989. He is specialized in hand surgery, wrist surgery, elbow and shoulder surgery, arthroscopic surgery and trauma.
Besides the relevant associations in native country, he also became an international member of the American Hand Surgery association in 2007.
He has been trained in England, Israel, Switzerland, USA and Germany on orthopedics, hand surgery, microsurgery, shoulder and elbow surgery.
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder diseases.
- Arthroscopic surgery.
- Trauma (fracture) and sequela surgery.
- 1979-1983: Naval High School.
- 1983-1989: Marmara University School of Medicine
- 1989-1994: Marmara University School of Medicine, Residency, Orthopedics
- 1997-1999: New York University (NYU), Mount Sinai School of Medicine Hand Surgery fellowship
- 1989-1994: Marmara University School of Medicine, İstanbul.
- 1997-1999: New York University MountSinai Hospital, NY, USA.
- 1994-2004: Kocaeli University School of Medicine, Associate professor,Orthopedics and hand surgery.
- 2004-2011: Maltepe University School of Medicine, Professor, Department Head, Orthopedics and hand surgery, İstanbul.
- 2011 February: Private practice.
IMPORTANT ROTATION AND COURSES
1-Orthopedics apprenticeship, London, England, 1987 (2 months).
2- Orthopedics apprenticeship, Sheffield, England, 1989 (2 months).
3-Hand Surgery/ microsurgery training: Tel Aviv, Israel, 1993 (3 months).
4- Experimental Microsurgery Course, Istanbul, 1994.
5-AO advanced trauma course, Davos, Switzerland, 1996.
6- Shoulder, elbow and Wrist Arthroscopic Surgery, Cadaver Course, Köln, Germany, 2004.
7-Advanced Surgery Artroscopy Course, Ankara, 2005.
Membership to Scientific and Occupational Associations
1. Turkish Orthopedics and Trumatology Association.
2. Turkish Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Association.
3. American Society for the Surgery of the Hand, International member.
4. American Academy of OrthopaedicSurgeons-Affiliated
5. FESSH,Federation of the European Societies for surgery of the Hand
6. SICOT (Societe Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Traumatologie).
7. New York Hand Club.
Association for Orthopaedic Research, Scientific Travel Scholarship, 1996.